Friday, February 12, 2010

Will this be a new trend among politicians?

Representative Patrick Kennedy, the Rhode Island Democrat announced that he won't be running for re-election following his eighth congressional term. He released a video on Thursday in which he stated, "Having spent two decades in politics, my life is taking a new direction, and I will not be a candidate for re-election this year," as also stated in this CNN article Now, I can somewhat understand after twenty years of politics that you would want to move on, but is this going to happen with all of our reasonably seasoned politicians? I don't know about you, but I think that in order to have a steady, stable, government, we need experienced people. I may be overreacting. In fact, I hope I'm overreacting. I just don't want to see our politicians, after five to ten years say, "I've gotten bored with politics, I'm going to move on and become an astronaut!"

No comments:

Post a Comment